- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Steven Titch is a policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets.
Titch's work primarily focuses on telecommunications, the Internet and new media. He is a former managing editor of InfoTech & Telecom News (IT&T News) published by the Heartland Institute. His columns have appeared in Investor's Business Daily, Total Telecom, and America's Network, among others.
Prior to joining Reason in 2004, Titch covered the telecommunications industry as a journalist for more than two decades. Titch was director of editorial projects for Data Communications magazine where he directed content development for supplemental publications and special projects. He has also held the positions of editorial director of Telephony, editor of Global Telephony magazine, Midwest bureau chief of CommunicationsWeek, and associate editor-communications at Electronic News.
Outside of the telecom industry, Titch does rich media and content development for publishers and corporate marketing groups. He has also developed and launched his own web-based media, including SecuritySquared.com, an on-line resource for the security industry.
Titch graduated cum laude from Syracuse University with a dual degree in journalism and English.
- The Perils of All-You-Can-Eat
July 28, 2011, 1:23pm
- FCC Finds Plenty of Wireless Competition
June 29, 2011, 1:36pm
- Local Government Meets the New Media
June 24, 2011, 1:27pm
- FTC Declares War on Google
June 23, 2011, 2:18pm
- Data in the “Cloud” Needs Fourth Amendment Protection
May 27, 2011, 10:54am
- Yep, the Broadband Stimulus Funded Overbuilds
May 4, 2011, 4:16pm
- Citing "Wrong Door" Cases, Judge Blocks Use of IP Addresses to Identify Individuals
May 3, 2011, 12:05pm
- How Long Before Someone Dies Because of an Unsecured Wireless Router?
April 26, 2011, 11:48am
- White House Takes Wrong Side on Police GPS Tracking
April 25, 2011, 12:24pm
- For The Last Time: The Bell System Monopoly is not Being Rebuilt
April 22, 2011, 11:05am
- Casinos Can’t Beat Online Poker, So They Join It
April 1, 2011, 1:12pm
- How IT Outsourcing Succeeds
March 30, 2011, 12:53pm
- Six Product Flameouts to Haunt Your Dreams
March 25, 2011, 2:31pm
- AT&T, T-Mobile and a Maturing Wireless Industry
March 21, 2011, 12:18pm
- Google Deconstructed
March 11, 2011, 12:44pm
- Free the Toll-Free Numbers
March 2, 2011, 2:52pm
- APR Telecom Section Released
March 1, 2011, 12:16pm
- Wireless Taxes and Fees Keep Rising
February 16, 2011, 3:33pm
- Some Sense on Sexting
February 10, 2011, 12:20pm
- The Regulated Internet: How We Got Here
February 10, 2011, 10:36am
- Gen. Barry McCaffrey on Tolls, VMT Charges and PPPs
January 20, 2011, 5:21pm
- Network Neutrality Backlash
January 14, 2011, 1:52pm
- Is Tron: Legacy a Comment on the Futility of Techno-Progressivism?
January 10, 2011, 4:51pm
- Explain That Intel Monopoly Again?
January 6, 2011, 2:46pm
- The Era of Internet Regulation Begins
December 21, 2010, 4:01pm
- Netflix Blows It All Up
November 23, 2010, 2:18pm
- Curtains for Net Neurality legislation?
November 5, 2010, 11:23am
- Facebook Was the ‘Next Google’
October 5, 2010, 5:47pm
- Net Neutrality’s Declare-Victory-And-Go-Home-Moment?
September 29, 2010, 10:20am
- Just Plain iAWFUL
September 9, 2010, 3:36pm
- Some Early Takeways from the Verizon-Google Net Neutrality Proposal
August 10, 2010, 4:01pm
- Net Neutrality, Verizon and Google: A Separate Peace?
August 5, 2010, 12:29pm
- Amazom.com Switches Sides on Net Neutrality
July 23, 2010, 10:19am
- Texas Gets Tough With IBM Over Outsourcing Deal
July 21, 2010, 5:07pm
- The FCC’s Fool’s Crusade
June 19, 2010, 11:35am
- States Plunder 911 Funding
June 7, 2010, 2:14pm
- Bashing Facebook
May 25, 2010, 3:42pm
- The Underlying Desperation at the FCC
May 21, 2010, 3:04pm
- The FCC Goes Backwards
May 7, 2010, 10:08am
- Report: Poorest States Rank Highest in Broadband Competition
April 27, 2010, 12:00pm
- BitTorrent Was a Bad Case from the Start
April 20, 2010, 2:09pm
- The FCC Loses Another One
April 6, 2010, 4:41pm
- The FCC’s Broadband Plan: The Devil Will Be in the Details
March 15, 2010, 1:13pm
- Net Neutrality’s Threat to Innovation: Far from ‘Ridiculous’
February 24, 2010, 6:07pm
- Net Neutrality Means No More iPhones
February 11, 2010, 2:01pm
- New Conventional Wisdom: Cable TV Bundling is Good for Consumers
January 28, 2010, 4:29pm
- Deleted Scene from my NPRM Filing
January 14, 2010, 4:30pm
- Is This What Market Failure Looks Like?
January 5, 2010, 3:22pm
- Genachowski Widens the Net Neutrality Loophole
December 2, 2009, 3:44pm
- Internet Gambling Rules Get a Stay
December 1, 2009, 12:27pm
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about this Web site.