- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Adam Summers is a senior policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets. He has written extensively on privatization, government reform, law and economics, and various other political and economic topics.
Summers' articles have been published by the Los Angeles Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, Orange County Register, Los Angeles Daily News, Baltimore Sun, and numerous others.
Summers earned an M.A. in Economics from George Mason University and Bachelor of Arts degrees in Economics and Political Science from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- China Worried Over the Value of the Dollar (with Good Reason)
March 31, 2009, 2:24am
- Public Sector Continues to Expand in California, Elsewhere Despite Recession
March 27, 2009, 6:14pm
- Group Drops Living Wage Bid Due to City Budget Crunch
March 26, 2009, 7:06pm
- California Offers High Taxes, Poor Business Climate
March 26, 2009, 5:41pm
- Newspaper Bailout on the Horizon?
March 26, 2009, 2:13am
- Getting the State Out of the Marriage Business in California
March 24, 2009, 7:31pm
- More Taxes Not the Answer to California's Budget Woes
March 23, 2009, 8:03pm
- California Officials Abuse Expense Accounts, Travel in Style on Taxpayers' Dime
March 3, 2009, 11:35pm
- How Much Will the State Budget Deal Cost Californians?
March 2, 2009, 11:40am
- No Bailouts to "Save" Industries
December 30, 2008, 10:44pm
- India's Private Education Boom
December 30, 2008, 10:24pm
- An Evaluation of Economic Crises Past and Present
November 29, 2008, 11:25pm
- Some Good News on Public Pensions in California (Finally!)
November 29, 2008, 7:26pm
- Public Pensions to Sap Taxpayers Weary of Financial Crisis
November 29, 2008, 6:12pm
- The First Thanksgivings: A Lesson in Socialism and Private Property Rights
November 25, 2008, 3:20pm
- Happy Guy Fawkes Night!
November 4, 2008, 7:56pm
- The saga (and licensing) of Joe the Plumber
November 3, 2008, 4:11pm
- Sen. Tom McClintock: Budget has pushed California "beyond a fiscal tipping point"
September 15, 2008, 2:32pm
- Good News on Occupational Licensing Reform in Arizona and Elsewhere
September 6, 2008, 9:22pm
- More Evidence of Minimum Wage Fallacies
August 27, 2008, 4:30pm
- San Diego Suffers Setback in Privatization Efforts
August 27, 2008, 2:47pm
- Managed Competition Moving ForwardóSlowlyóin San Diego
August 19, 2008, 3:06pm
- San Diego Toll Road Wins Design Innovation Awards
July 20, 2008, 11:25am
- Info on Contracting Out Auditing Services
July 15, 2008, 5:20pm
- Govt. Bureaucracy Hampers Fire Efforts
October 30, 2007, 5:39pm
- Finally, Some Good News on California Public Pensions
July 28, 2007, 10:51pm
- California: Nanny State Trendsetter?
June 12, 2007, 4:38pm
- Government Lags Private Sector in Katrina Rebuilding Efforts
August 28, 2006, 2:57pm
- Private Space Travel Possible if only Government Would Get Out of the Way
May 8, 2006, 9:08pm
- Blowing Up Boxes in Sacramento
May 9, 2004, 11:12am
- Outsourcing to Create U.S. Jobs
March 28, 2004, 10:43pm
- Protectionism Hurts Instead of Helps Jobs
March 10, 2004, 2:15pm
- Restructuring California's School Finance System
January 25, 2004, 9:55am
- Gov. Schwarzenegger's Budget Cut Pumps Up Education
January 13, 2004, 5:03pm
- Via Center for Education Reform
January 5, 2004, 4:00pm
- No Shoes, No Shirt, No Terrorists?
June 3, 2003, 7:27pm
- New York City to Privatize After School Programs
June 2, 2003, 7:26pm
- Competition for thee, but not for me
May 31, 2003, 7:28pm
- The Newest Infidels
May 21, 2003, 6:04pm
- Private Firm Wins Fire War
May 21, 2003, 11:13am
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about this Web site.