- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Lisa Snell is the director of education and child welfare at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets.
Snell has frequently testified before the California State Legislature and numerous other state legislatures and government agencies. She has authored policy studies on school finance and weighted student funding, universal preschool, school violence, charter schools, and child advocacy centers.
Snell is a frequent contributor to Reason magazine, School Reform News and Privatization Watch. Her writing has also appeared in Education Week, Edutopia, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, San Francisco Chronicle, Orange County Register, Los Angeles Times, and numerous other publications.
Ms. Snell is also an advisory board member to the National Quality Improvement Center for the Children’s Bureau; is on the charter school accreditation team for the American Academy for Liberal Education; and serves as a board member for the California Virtual Academy.
Before joining Reason Foundation, Snell taught public speaking and argumentation courses at California State University, Fullerton. She earned a Master of Arts in communication from California State University, Fullerton.
- Universal Preschool in the Dems' SOTU Response Speech
January 31, 2006, 9:51am
- California Childcare Fraud
January 30, 2006, 2:41pm
- Centralizing Preschool
January 29, 2006, 9:39am
- Preschool Gains Fade by Third Grade
January 29, 2006, 9:19am
- "New" Laptops for Teachers
January 23, 2006, 9:42am
- No Way Out: Community Edition
January 23, 2006, 8:53am
- Why Amazon Rocks: Public school edition
January 22, 2006, 2:37pm
- Uniformly Bad
January 4, 2006, 9:05am
- Charter School Revolution
November 16, 2005, 11:36am
- All charter school district for New Orleans
October 12, 2005, 12:24pm
- Charter School Enrollment in California Triples!
October 12, 2005, 12:15pm
- Edible School Lunches in Philadelphia
September 20, 2005, 9:54am
- School Outsourcing in the Big Easy
September 19, 2005, 12:36pm
- Best Union Story Ever...
September 18, 2005, 2:51pm
- Let the Money Follow Katrina's school children
September 14, 2005, 3:01pm
- Private Hospital Evacuations
September 14, 2005, 2:25pm
- Public School Follies: Drunk Driving Edition
September 12, 2005, 3:39pm
- Los Angeles Unified's Unfunded Debt
September 12, 2005, 3:02pm
- Niche Charter Schools: Recovery Addition
September 12, 2005, 2:45pm
- From the Poor, Pitiful, Underpaid Teachers File. . .
August 29, 2005, 10:44am
- Privatized School Districts?
August 29, 2005, 10:21am
- How Schools Cheat Florida Edition
June 9, 2005, 10:40am
- Head Start Round UP or perhaps down
June 9, 2005, 10:22am
- California Assembly to become School Textbook Publisher
June 2, 2005, 4:24pm
- National Implications of Florida Voucher Case
June 2, 2005, 10:02am
- Unfortunately, My 2001 Prediction about Edison and the Chester, Pennsylvania School District was Correct
June 1, 2005, 10:53am
- Why Good Teachers Leave the Profession Part 467. . .
May 24, 2005, 1:35pm
- 575 Teachers of the Year
May 16, 2005, 10:18am
- Tom McClintock on California Education Budget
May 16, 2005, 9:13am
- Utah's Education Rebellion
May 5, 2005, 5:25pm
- Arizona School Choice Victory
May 5, 2005, 5:19pm
- DC Vouchers off to a Good Start
April 14, 2005, 9:41am
- Vouchers are a Better Sanction that NCLB
April 14, 2005, 9:21am
- First School Choice Program of 2005
March 9, 2005, 2:33pm
- School Spending = Performance?
March 6, 2005, 1:52pm
- Another Centralized School Bureaucracy Wastes Millions
March 6, 2005, 1:27pm
- profit on the Backs of Children
March 2, 2005, 10:15am
- School Choice Round Up
February 23, 2005, 9:05am
- More and Better Vouchers for Florida
February 23, 2005, 8:53am
- Don't Students Ever Get Detention Anymore?
February 22, 2005, 3:35pm
- Truant Ghost Children
February 21, 2005, 3:51pm
- Economics 100
February 20, 2005, 9:56am
- Jill Stewart on English Immersion in California
February 20, 2005, 9:05am
- Lock Them In
February 15, 2005, 2:40pm
- Outsourcing Failing Schools
February 15, 2005, 2:12pm
- School privatization Fight Back on in California
February 13, 2005, 10:07am
- Charters for Oakland?
February 13, 2005, 9:52am
- Philadelphia Outsources High School Curriculum
February 9, 2005, 12:40pm
- Let California's English Language Learners Move Ahead
February 8, 2005, 9:31am
- Your Bond Money at Work
January 23, 2005, 2:05pm
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.