- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Click Here for a High-Resolution Photo
Geoffrey Segal is the director of privatization and government reform at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets. He is also editor of Reason's Privatization Watch.
Segal recently served as an advisor to Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's Center for Efficient Government. In addition, his counsel has recently been sought out by Gov. Mark Sanford and Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, where he is working with the Government Efficiency and Financial Planning group inside the Office of Management and Budget. Segal is also an advisor to the Cost Cutting Caucus in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Segal is a highly skilled policy analyst with a strong, diversified background in policy research and project analysis focusing on public-private partnerships, competition, government efficiency, government spending and waste, transparency, accountability, and government performance.
Segal has worked closely with legislators in California, New York, Florida, Indiana, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Illinois, Oregon, Kentucky, Ohio, Washington D.C., Colorado, Minnesota, Maryland, Maine, North and South Carolina, Hawaii, Arizona, and Texas in efforts to reduce government spending, improve government performance, and enhance accountability in government programs.
Segal has testified to the United States Senate and numerous state legislatures and agencies. He has written dozens of articles for leading publications including Investor's Business Daily, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Indianapolis Star, Orange County Register, Los Angeles Daily News, and New York Sun. Segal is also a contributing editor to Budget & Tax News. A frequent guest on television and radio, he has appeared on Fox News Channel's "Your World with Neil Cavuto" as well as CNBC's "Closing Bell w/Maria Bartiromo" and "Power Lunch."
Segal earned a B.A. in Political Science at Arizona State University and a Master of Public Policy from Pepperdine University.
- Cincinnati Mayor Does About Face on Competition
February 2, 2004, 7:17pm
- Business Backs Taxes?
January 31, 2004, 1:45pm
- Global Warming
January 13, 2004, 6:06pm
- My Tax Hike is Bigger Than Yours!
January 13, 2004, 3:59pm
- Union Shows True Colors
January 4, 2004, 10:22am
- Army Puts Third Wave on Hold
January 4, 2004, 6:55am
- Private Help for Public Lands
January 4, 2004, 6:29am
- Give Me Health Care or Give Me Death
January 1, 2004, 5:36am
- Libertarian Heroes of 2003
December 30, 2003, 7:44am
- Prison Health Care Privatization
December 29, 2003, 8:15am
- Offshore Outsourcing
December 28, 2003, 7:51am
- Despite Pressure, Federal Competitive Sourcing Remains Strong
December 23, 2003, 11:26am
- Michigan Privatizes Ski Resort
December 16, 2003, 10:25am
- Ohio DOT Enters Private Sector
December 14, 2003, 11:40am
- Gov. Richardson's Real Record on Taxes
December 14, 2003, 10:07am
- Dean Has Privatization Track Record
December 13, 2003, 10:40am
- N.H. Sea Change Includes Privatization
December 11, 2003, 1:18pm
- Sheriff Seeks Outside Contractor for Jail Nurses
December 10, 2003, 2:19pm
- BEA Revises 2000 Economic Numbers Down
December 10, 2003, 1:35pm
- Bringing Performance to the FAA
December 10, 2003, 12:46pm
- Washington is Newest State to See Benefits of Competition
December 7, 2003, 7:22am
- "The Law" Contracts for Services
December 5, 2003, 2:00pm
- Net Taxes Loom As Congress Fails to Act
December 3, 2003, 8:30pm
- Three Cheers For Mexico's Tax Protests
December 2, 2003, 2:05pm
- "FUDing" to Pass Tax Hikes
December 1, 2003, 8:01am
- Golfers Fight Privatization
November 30, 2003, 9:45am
- Locals See Benefits of Privatization
November 29, 2003, 10:38am
- Oregon Says No to New Taxes
November 25, 2003, 1:52pm
- World Bank Remains Fan of Privatization
September 3, 2003, 3:23pm
- Fed Gov Wasting Space
August 24, 2003, 7:03pm
- Privatize or Perish
August 20, 2003, 3:12pm
- America: NOT the World's Leader in Privatization
August 17, 2003, 8:16pm
- FAA Privatization in the News
August 14, 2003, 12:52pm
- Unfair Competition
August 14, 2003, 2:00am
- China Privatization Website
June 30, 2003, 4:51am
- A Museum of Capitalism
June 29, 2003, 1:45am
- Bush Cites the Cost Of Tax-Cut Repeal
June 27, 2003, 6:02pm
- Who Needs To Work?
June 26, 2003, 4:44pm
- The Long Arm of the Law
June 24, 2003, 8:05pm
- $1 Billion in Savings?
June 23, 2003, 11:06pm
- Privatization in Iran?
June 16, 2003, 7:53pm
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about this Web site.