- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Click Here for a High-Resolution Photo
Geoffrey Segal is the director of privatization and government reform at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets. He is also editor of Reason's Privatization Watch.
Segal recently served as an advisor to Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's Center for Efficient Government. In addition, his counsel has recently been sought out by Gov. Mark Sanford and Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, where he is working with the Government Efficiency and Financial Planning group inside the Office of Management and Budget. Segal is also an advisor to the Cost Cutting Caucus in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Segal is a highly skilled policy analyst with a strong, diversified background in policy research and project analysis focusing on public-private partnerships, competition, government efficiency, government spending and waste, transparency, accountability, and government performance.
Segal has worked closely with legislators in California, New York, Florida, Indiana, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Illinois, Oregon, Kentucky, Ohio, Washington D.C., Colorado, Minnesota, Maryland, Maine, North and South Carolina, Hawaii, Arizona, and Texas in efforts to reduce government spending, improve government performance, and enhance accountability in government programs.
Segal has testified to the United States Senate and numerous state legislatures and agencies. He has written dozens of articles for leading publications including Investor's Business Daily, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Indianapolis Star, Orange County Register, Los Angeles Daily News, and New York Sun. Segal is also a contributing editor to Budget & Tax News. A frequent guest on television and radio, he has appeared on Fox News Channel's "Your World with Neil Cavuto" as well as CNBC's "Closing Bell w/Maria Bartiromo" and "Power Lunch."
Segal earned a B.A. in Political Science at Arizona State University and a Master of Public Policy from Pepperdine University.
- Missouri Readers: Your Tax Dollars at Work
February 12, 2006, 12:55pm
- "The Eyebrow"
January 30, 2006, 8:11pm
- SOTU Response
January 30, 2006, 7:59pm
- TABOR Introduced in South Carolina
January 26, 2006, 1:02pm
- Follow the Leader: Sandy Springs
January 23, 2006, 6:37am
- Utah Introduces PPP Bill
January 23, 2006, 6:00am
- Indiana Offered $3.8 Billion for Toll Road
January 22, 2006, 8:53am
- Freedom from Government Competition
January 21, 2006, 6:26pm
- PPP Conference in Chicago
January 21, 2006, 9:21am
- Getting More Money in the Classroom
January 18, 2006, 9:03am
- Several Privatization and Cost Cutting Bills Introduced in Virginia
January 10, 2006, 4:38pm
- Gov. Sanford and TABOR
January 3, 2006, 6:32pm
- Another Take on Sandy Springs
January 2, 2006, 7:06pm
- Public Water Systems Buys Private Water!
January 2, 2006, 10:00am
- Florida Outsourcing Gets Mixed Reviews
January 2, 2006, 8:42am
- Pennsylvania County Considers Jail Privatization
January 1, 2006, 6:16am
- Bottled Water Tax Runs Dry
December 28, 2005, 10:01am
- Revenues Are Up
December 20, 2005, 10:54am
- Road Pricing Picking Up Steam in Virginia
December 11, 2005, 12:43pm
- Monterey Rejects Anti-Privatization Forces
November 8, 2005, 4:54am
- Message to Colorado Citizens: You Asked For It
November 1, 2005, 4:32am
- From Red to Green
October 24, 2005, 5:39am
- "People Literally in the Streets"
October 19, 2005, 2:51pm
- Japan Passes Postal Privatization
October 13, 2005, 5:42am
- Newsom Wants to Add Internet Access to the Constitution
October 3, 2005, 6:18am
- Sandy Springs Selects Contractor
September 14, 2005, 3:08pm
- DeLay's Drinking the Kool-Aid Again
September 13, 2005, 8:46pm
- Supply Side Economics for Disasters
September 12, 2005, 3:48pm
- As Long As We're Pointing Fingers
September 12, 2005, 8:04am
- Gov. Daniels on Performance, Tolls and Unions
September 3, 2005, 9:48am
- "No Cut Too Small"
August 21, 2005, 8:56am
- Victory in Colorado?!
August 21, 2005, 6:37am
- Newt Calls for Privatization of National Zoo
August 8, 2005, 2:18pm
- Your Next Tax Increase...Medicaid
August 8, 2005, 7:27am
- Breaching TABOR?
July 28, 2005, 7:10am
- Eminent Domain Cartoon
July 10, 2005, 2:42pm
- Another Reason to Celebrate July 4th
July 5, 2005, 1:57pm
- First Kelo Hit?
June 23, 2005, 8:18am
- Russia Abolishes Death Tax - Can We?
June 21, 2005, 12:41pm
- Stop the Raid!!
June 20, 2005, 11:37am
- Spend a dollar, save $20!
June 8, 2005, 2:24pm
- Who Said It? Part II
June 1, 2005, 9:52am
- Who Said It?
June 1, 2005, 9:36am
- TSA Doesn't Work...Are You Surprised?
April 19, 2005, 5:44am
- Legislating Away Freedom
February 18, 2005, 7:28am
- It Was Always the Economy
January 31, 2005, 11:53am
- 50th Anniversary of Competition in Federal Government
January 9, 2005, 9:26am
- Snake Oil Energy
January 9, 2005, 8:56am
- FAA Poised to Announce Competition Results
January 4, 2005, 5:39am
- Berkeley Dean Calls for Privatization
January 2, 2005, 6:16am
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.