- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Adrian Moore, Ph.D., is vice president of policy at Reason Foundation, a non-profit think tank advancing free minds and free markets. Moore leads Reason's policy implementation efforts and conducts his own research on topics such as privatization, government and regulatory reform, air quality, transportation and urban growth, prisons and utilities.
Moore, who has testified before Congress on several occasions, regularly advises federal, state and local officials on ways to streamline government and reduce costs.
In 2008 and 2009, Moore served on Congress' National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission. The commission offered "specific recommendations for increasing investment in transportation infrastructure while at the same time moving the Federal Government away from reliance on motor fuel taxes toward more direct fees charged to transportation infrastructure users." Since 2009 he has served on California's Public Infrastructure Advisory Commission.
Mr. Moore is co-author of the book Mobility First: A New Vision for Transportation in a Globally Competitive 21st Century (Rowman & Littlefield, 2008). Texas Gov. Rick Perry said, "Speaking from our experiences in Texas, Sam Staley and Adrian Moore get it right in Mobility First." World Bank urban planner Alain Bartaud called it "a must read for urban managers of large cities in the United States and around the world."
Moore is also co-author of Curb Rights: A Foundation for Free Enterprise in Urban Transit, published in 1997 by the Brookings Institution Press, as well as dozens of policy studies. His work has been published in the Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Houston Chronicle, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Orange County Register, as well as in, Public Policy and Management, Transportation Research Part A, Urban Affairs Review, Economic Affairs, and numerous other publications.
In 2002, Moore was awarded a World Outsourcing Achievement Award by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Michael F. Corbett & Associates Ltd. for his work showing governments how to use public-private partnerships and the private sector to save taxpayer money and improve the efficiency of their agencies.
Prior to joining Reason, Moore served 10 years in the Army on active duty and reserves. As an noncommissioned officer he was accepted to Officers Candidate School and commissioned as an Infantry officer. He served in posts in the United States and Germany and left the military as a Captain after commanding a Heavy Material Supply company.
Mr. Moore earned a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of California, Irvine. He holds a Master's in Economics from the University of California, Irvine and a Master's in History from California State University, Chico.
- What is a Libertarian?
December 15, 2010, 6:01pm
- Libertarians Have Smaller Buts Than Rs and Ds
December 3, 2010, 7:47am
- Israeli air security experts insist their methods better than U.S.
November 27, 2010, 11:33pm
- It's Not About NO Airport Security, but BETTER Airport Security
November 27, 2010, 6:06pm
- TSA Pat Downs Kill
November 24, 2010, 12:48pm
- Veteran's Day, Heavyweight Champs, and Foggy Wars
November 11, 2010, 3:45pm
- Pension Reform Victory in California
November 3, 2010, 11:06am
- CA Ballot Proposition Results--First Cut
November 3, 2010, 12:06am
- How Do Solve a Problem Like California
November 2, 2010, 11:34pm
- CA Can't Even Manage Election Results Web Page
November 2, 2010, 11:27pm
- Feingold Flames Out
November 2, 2010, 10:57pm
- Wisconsin's New Governor a Crackerjack
November 2, 2010, 10:46pm
- Pelosi--Hope Springs Eternal, Clueless Edition
November 2, 2010, 10:39pm
- Rand Paul Victory Keeps Critique of Fed in Congress
November 2, 2010, 10:13pm
- Politics Drove TARP Investments!? What!?
November 1, 2010, 9:53am
- Don't Whitewash the Jobs Leaving California
September 26, 2010, 3:02pm
- Libertarians on Republican's Pledge to America
September 26, 2010, 12:57pm
- California's Education Database Project Failing
September 24, 2010, 11:06am
- Seasoned Veteran Predicts CA Budget Trajectory
September 19, 2010, 1:47pm
- Regulators with Nothing Better To Do
September 17, 2010, 1:01pm
- Congressional Staff Owe $9.3Million in Back Taxes
September 10, 2010, 2:07pm
- Obama Wants to Spend Big On Transportation Now
September 7, 2010, 11:04am
- Labor Day--Celebrate Productive Workers!
September 6, 2010, 10:54am
- NHTSA: Toyota Acceleration Problem Could Be Drivers
September 6, 2010, 9:22am
- Look At City Hall for Next Group of Millionaires
September 4, 2010, 12:57pm
- Behind the Great China Traffic Jam
August 31, 2010, 12:49pm
- GM and Feds Phoney Baloney IPO
August 30, 2010, 6:04pm
- Environmental Activist Groups Get Thumped
August 30, 2010, 4:21pm
- Game Plan for Serious Government Cost Cutters
August 18, 2010, 1:21pm
- Nashville Implements Trash Pricing
August 18, 2010, 12:08pm
- Who Needs A Recession to Stimulus Spend?
August 18, 2010, 10:47am
- How Opponents are Fighting the CA High Speed Rail Project
August 16, 2010, 11:05pm
- Bell Officials Illegally Raised Taxes
August 16, 2010, 12:00pm
- Latest Close Media Look at CA High Speed Rail
August 15, 2010, 1:53pm
- Raids Increasing on Farms and Food Supply Clubs
August 14, 2010, 12:42pm
- More Self Serving Public Employees
August 13, 2010, 1:53pm
- How the Bell Scandal Story Broke
August 11, 2010, 1:04pm
- Funding for CA High Speed Rail is Not Even Close
August 3, 2010, 11:13am
- Public Opinion on Bush Tax Cuts
July 28, 2010, 10:07am
- Once Again, Raising Taxes Reduces Revenue
July 28, 2010, 9:46am
- Pension Reform In San Diego
July 28, 2010, 9:42am
- Private Toll Road Should Not Have Immunity
July 28, 2010, 9:07am
- How High Speed Rail Will Ruin our Freight System
July 26, 2010, 1:26pm
- Nobel WInner Vernon Smith Says " Please, No More Government Spending!"
July 21, 2010, 12:59pm
- San Diego May Privatize Trash Collection
July 17, 2010, 4:00pm
- Unions Hire Scabs to Protest Non-Union Employers. Seriously.
July 16, 2010, 2:44pm
- CA State Treasurer's Harsh Words on High Speed Rail
July 14, 2010, 2:18pm
- Disney and "Private" Government
July 14, 2010, 11:36am
- Poll--People Blame Overspending for State Budget Crises
July 10, 2010, 3:07pm
- CA Local Governments Looking to Cut Pension Benefits
July 10, 2010, 9:36am
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.