- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
- Reason Magazine
- Reason-Rupe Poll
- Air Traffic E-Newsletter
- Airport Policy E-Newsletter
- Annual Highway Report
- Annual Privatization Report
- Court Briefs
- Innovators in Action
- Policy Studies
- Privatization Newsletter
- Pension Reform Newsletter
- Reason Alert E-Newsletter
- Transportation E-Newsletter
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Shikha Dalmia is a senior policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets.
Dalmia is a Bloomberg View contributor, a columnist at the Washington Examiner, and writes regularly for Reason magazine. She is also a frequent contributor to the op-ed pages of The Wall Street Journal and numerous other publications such as the Los Angeles Times, New York Post, The Weekly Standard, Business Week, San Francisco Chronicle, and the Chicago Tribune. She previously served as a columnist for Forbes.
Dalmia was co-winner of the first 2009 Bastiat Prize for Online Journalism for her columns in Forbes and Reason.
From 1996 to 2004, Dalmia was as an award-winning editorial writer at the Detroit News, covering a variety of policy issues, including the environment, immigration, Social Security, welfare reform, health care and foreign policy. She also worked as a reporter for the Patriot, a national daily newspaper based in New Delhi, India, where she grew up and earned her B.S. degree in chemistry and biology from the University of Delhi.
Dalmia frequenlty appears on Fox Business Network and other television and radio outlets.
Dalmia, who taught news writing courses at Michigan State University, earned a Master's degree in mass communication from Louisiana State University. She also holds a post graduate diploma in journalism from the Indian Institute of Mass Communications.
She lives in the Detroit area with her husband and son.
- Extremism on Iraq is no vice
October 19, 2007, 10:50am
- Don't bet your piggy-bank that JK Rowling won't sue kids dressed as Harry Potter
October 18, 2007, 6:38am
- Al Goreís Inconvenient Lies to come with a warning label
October 10, 2007, 12:49pm
- A Lesson Plan for Public Colleges
July 7, 2007, 8:04pm
- Supreme Court rejects racial engineering
June 27, 2007, 11:49am
- Reason's First Roundtable on Global Warming
September 6, 2006, 3:45pm
- Enviro alarmists reveal the truth -- about themselves
June 11, 2006, 11:26am
- Perverse Incentives, Heartless government
February 7, 2006, 6:15am
- State of the Union -- Health Care
January 31, 2006, 10:39am
- Uncle Sam: Neither Compassionate Nor Conservative
November 14, 2005, 11:23am
- Enviros vs. Commies in Calcutta
October 22, 2005, 3:34pm
- Taking a Toll
October 19, 2005, 9:30am
©2014 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.