- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Shikha Dalmia is a senior policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank advancing free minds and free markets.
Dalmia is a Bloomberg View contributor, a columnist at the Washington Examiner, and writes regularly for Reason magazine. She is also a frequent contributor to the op-ed pages of The Wall Street Journal and numerous other publications such as the Los Angeles Times, New York Post, The Weekly Standard, Business Week, San Francisco Chronicle, and the Chicago Tribune. She previously served as a columnist for Forbes.
Dalmia was co-winner of the first 2009 Bastiat Prize for Online Journalism for her columns in Forbes and Reason.
From 1996 to 2004, Dalmia was as an award-winning editorial writer at the Detroit News, covering a variety of policy issues, including the environment, immigration, Social Security, welfare reform, health care and foreign policy. She also worked as a reporter for the Patriot, a national daily newspaper based in New Delhi, India, where she grew up and earned her B.S. degree in chemistry and biology from the University of Delhi.
Dalmia frequenlty appears on Fox Business Network and other television and radio outlets.
Dalmia, who taught news writing courses at Michigan State University, earned a Master's degree in mass communication from Louisiana State University. She also holds a post graduate diploma in journalism from the Indian Institute of Mass Communications.
She lives in the Detroit area with her husband and son.
- The Real Climate Change Deniers
June 25, 2009, 11:39pm
- The Right Cure for Physician Wages
June 24, 2009, 5:48pm
- Reich's False Prescription
June 24, 2009, 10:55am
- ObamaCare, Like Medicare, WIll be a Total Disaster
June 19, 2009, 2:50pm
- Time to Replace Don't Ask, Don't Tell with When Asked, Do Tell
June 12, 2009, 10:51am
- The Supreme Court Gives Chrysler's Evil "Speculators" Some Hope
June 9, 2009, 9:47am
- Obama's Betrayal on Don't Ask Don't Tell
June 3, 2009, 5:14pm
- Killing G.M. Softly
June 3, 2009, 1:34pm
- A Green Ride in Government Motors
June 2, 2009, 12:23am
- Wither to Conservatism?
May 27, 2009, 11:16pm
- Fun Facts about the Obama Budget
May 25, 2009, 11:27am
- Who Will Bailout Uncle Sam?
May 21, 2009, 7:42pm
- Conservatives Need to Accept Liberty Not Just in Name But Also In Attitude
May 20, 2009, 3:19pm
- Health Care Quackery: Round 2 on Tierney Lab
May 8, 2009, 12:16pm
- Contrary to Claims, Government-Run Health Care Won't Reduce Costs or Boost Economy
May 6, 2009, 10:20am
- Spring Madness on Global Warming
May 5, 2009, 5:40pm
- White House's New Political Consultant: Elliot Spitzer!
May 4, 2009, 12:36pm
- Obama to UAW: XOXOXO.............
May 4, 2009, 1:16am
- Obama's Sweet Surrender to the UAW
April 29, 2009, 4:45pm
- University of California System's Fishy New Admissions Policies
April 28, 2009, 9:16pm
- Address as Education Destiny
April 22, 2009, 2:22pm
- Obama on Education: Separate and Unequal
April 13, 2009, 4:31pm
- Immigrants to America: Keep Your H1-Bs
April 10, 2009, 12:08pm
- Medical Rationing Masquerading as Quality Care
April 9, 2009, 11:12am
- The French Patient
April 6, 2009, 9:59pm
- Checking Out Card Check
April 4, 2009, 12:28pm
- GM Should File For Bankruptcy ASAP
April 2, 2009, 1:34am
- Is India Really Immune to the Global Slowdown?
April 1, 2009, 4:49pm
- Grab Your Wallets: Another Auto Bailout Cometh
March 25, 2009, 9:20pm
- Bipolar Bad News for Global Warming Alarmists
March 23, 2009, 10:14pm
- Taxation by Mis-Representation
March 21, 2009, 5:26pm
- Massachusetts Health Care Experiment: Right Questions, Wrong Answers
March 20, 2009, 1:33pm
- Merry Christmas Chrysler
December 18, 2008, 8:39am
- Daschle for Health: Another Bottom of the Barrel
November 18, 2008, 3:44pm
- Eric Holder for AG? Civilian Libertarians Should Shudder
November 17, 2008, 2:14pm
- Jennifer Granholm: Neither Change -- Nor What We Need
November 5, 2008, 3:47pm
- A Toke for Liberty
November 4, 2008, 7:24am
- Please, Jacob -- Obama is no Adam Smith
November 3, 2008, 12:07pm
- The (Carbon) Tax Man Cometh
October 19, 2008, 7:57pm
- Financial Bail-Out -- Unprecedented? You Wish
October 14, 2008, 6:35am
- Biden's Unhealthy Scare Tactics
October 2, 2008, 6:37am
- Public Service: Be Afraid of McCain But Very Afraid of Obama
September 16, 2008, 8:07am
- McCain's Freudian Slip
June 9, 2008, 4:17pm
- Global Food Follies
May 5, 2008, 6:31am
- Gassing the Gas Tax
May 1, 2008, 2:47pm
- Hillary, Obama, McCain should cool down on global warming
March 19, 2008, 7:37am
- Eliot Pitbull Spitzer's New Target
January 9, 2008, 7:44am
- Debating the No Child Left Behind Act: New Reason Roundtable
December 12, 2007, 11:14am
- Green Divorces
December 3, 2007, 5:40am
- Media pundits go for Rudy's Jugular
November 4, 2007, 7:05pm
©2013 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.