- About Reason
- Policy Areas
- Policy Studies
- Press Room
- Reason Magazine
- Reason-Rupe Poll
- Air Traffic E-Newsletter
- Airport Policy E-Newsletter
- Annual Highway Report
- Annual Privatization Report
- Court Briefs
- Innovators in Action
- Policy Studies
- Privatization Newsletter
- Pension Reform Newsletter
- Reason Alert E-Newsletter
- Transportation E-Newsletter
Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Policy Study Authors
Click Here for a High-Resolution Photo
Harris Kenny is a state and local government policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a non-profit think tank advancing free minds and free markets.
Harris has worked alongside policymakers in Colorado, Texas, Florida, North Carolina, Arizona, Oregon and elsewhere to implement public policy solutions. Harris is currently serving as a member of the Local Authority Working Group of Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper's Amendment 64 Task Force, which is providing guidance on implementing recreational marijuana legalization. He conducts research on public finance, public-private partnerships, privatization, public safety, criminal justice and regulatory policy issues.
Harris has appeared on various television and radio outlets, such as National Public Radio, HuffPost Live, Al Jazeera, Voice of Russia and Colorado Public Television. His writing has been published in The Wall Street Journal, The Denver Post, The Sacramento Bee, The Orange County Register, Real Clear Markets, reason.com, and other print and online outlets. He also serves as co-editor of Reason Foundation's Annual Privatization Report (reason.org/apr) and Innovators in Action (reason.org/innovators) publications.
Prior to joining Reason Foundation, Harris worked at the Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation. He earned a BA in Economics from Pepperdine University, where he worked as a research assistant to Dr. Luisa Blanco at Pepperdine University’s School of Public Policy.
Follow Harris Kenny on Twitter @harriskenny
- Virginia Lawmakers Experiment with iPads
January 5, 2011, 5:08pm
- Despite Recession, Texas Continues Infrastructure Investment Through PPPs
December 29, 2010, 3:11pm
- Virginia’s Commission on Government Reform & Restructuring Releases Final Report
December 25, 2010, 9:00am
- In Case You Missed It: Reason on Freedom Watch
December 22, 2010, 12:01am
- Michigan School Districts Attempt to Ban Privatization
December 21, 2010, 12:51pm
- Centennial, Colorado: Incorporated and Thriving Since 2001
December 19, 2010, 4:58pm
- Young Americans for Liberty Releases 2010 Spring Report
December 17, 2010, 2:20pm
- Students For Liberty Releases 2010-11 Midyear Report
December 8, 2010, 4:18pm
- Recent Poll: Support for PPPs on the Rise in Canada
December 7, 2010, 2:08am
- Stossel Gets It Right on Parks Privatization
December 2, 2010, 12:08pm
- Flawed AZ Study Skews Dialogue on Corrections Privatization
November 4, 2010, 7:20pm
- CA Prop. 21 Struck Down by Voters
November 3, 2010, 3:43pm
- California's Prop 21: Tax Cars to Pay for Parks?
Adam Summers and Harris Kenny
November 2, 2010, 10:15am
- California’s Prop. 21 Would Perpetuate the State’s Parks Plight
September 28, 2010, 12:43am
- Arizona’s Commission on Privatization and Efficiency Releases Initial Report
September 22, 2010, 10:11pm
- Debating Public-Private Partnerships in Parks
July 8, 2010, 4:40pm
©2014 The Reason Foundation. All rights reserved.
5737 Mesmer Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90230 (310) 391-2245
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this Web site.