Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Recent Research and Commentary
What is really behind Dianne Feinstein's newfound criticism of government snooping activities?November 13, 2013
Another National Security Agency spying scandal recently erupted when some of the documents obtained by whistleblower Edward Snowden revealed that the U.S. was even spying on the heads of state of American allies, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel's cell phone.
Long before Mark Sanford’s very public affair and divorce, Reason featured the former South Carolina governor in our Annual Privatization Report for his work cutting the size of, and improving the efficiency of, government in South Carolina.
Former Gov. Sanford continued his road back on Tuesday night winning South Carolina's special congressional GOP primary. If he wins a Republican runoff election against the primary’s second place finisher (a recount is needed to determine Sanford’s opponent), he will face Elizabeth Colbert Busch, comedian Stephen Colbert’s sister.
Weighing the records of Obama-Biden and Romney-RyanAugust 17, 2012
A standard line in the punditry circuit this week has suggested that Mitt Romney's selection of Paul Ryan as his running mate will bring a welcome measure of substance to the race. If so, then cheers all around. Hopefully, one critical element of the economy and society that has gotten little substantive attention to date will get its due: housing finance and property markets. In principle, a Romney-Ryan Administration should represent a significant break from what President Obama has done in his first term on housing policy. But what do the records show?
Following weeks of delays, Harry Reid and the Senate send the STOCK Act to Barak Obama to be signed into law.
The STOCK Act has been passed in both the Senate and House. What may seem like Congress addressing a serious issue, is little more than political spectacle.
View Resources by Type
- Did LBJ Kill Kennedy? (And Why It Matters): Q/A with Roger Stone
November 13th, 2013
- Campaign for Liberty's Norm Singleton on Obamacare, Auditing the Fed, and the Libertarian Moment
September 18th, 2013
- This Town's Mark Leibovich on Shaming D.C.'s Power Elite
July 19th, 2013
- Robert Lipsyte on ESPN, Muhammad Ali, And Why Billie Jean King is the Most Important Sports Figure of His Lifetime
June 1st, 2013
- Reason Mag: Sex in the Arab World, Drug Courts, the Real Jackie Robinson
May 27th, 2013
- The GOP Civil War Over Libertarianism: Matt Welch at Reason Weekend 2013
May 8th, 2013
- America's Loneliest Senator: Hawaii's Lone Ranger Sam Slom
March 26th, 2013
- UCLA Professor Abigail Saguy on What's Wrong with Fat?
March 18th, 2013
- Reason.com's Mike Riggs Talks Rand Paul Drone Filibuster on CNN's Out Front
March 7th, 2013
- The Government is Not a Super Parent: Author James Payne on Six Political Illusions
December 8th, 2012
- Libertarian Party Candidate Bruce Majors vs D.C.'s One-Party System
December 1st, 2012
- The Anti-Science Left: Author Alex Berezow on Why Both Parties Fail at Science
November 3rd, 2012
- 3 Big Stories At the DNC Convention
September 3rd, 2012
- Ron Paul Delegates Walk Off RNC Floor in Protest
August 29th, 2012
- Ron Paul Delegates Vow Floor Fight at RNC
August 28th, 2012
- FreedomWorks' Matt Kibbe on the Hostile Takeover of The GOP
July 22nd, 2012
- How Washington Learned to Love Video Games
July 18th, 2012
- Walter Cronkite wasn't the Most Trusted Man in America? Q&A with author Joseph Campbell
June 26th, 2012
- Remy: Cough Drops-The Mandate (featuring Sandra Fluke)
March 9th, 2012
- 3 Reasons Conservatives Should Cut Defense Spending Now!
January 10th, 2012
- Remy: Raise The Debt Ceiling Rap
July 30th, 2011
- The Age of American Unreason: Nick Gillespie Q&A with Susan Jacoby
May 1st, 2008
- Christopher Hitchens: How The New York Times Sets the Political Agenda
February 25th, 2008
- MC Rove ...
December 4th, 2007
- Teaching Kids How City Hall Really Works
November 9th, 2007
Experts: Politics, Parties, Political History, Political Philosophy
- Brian Doherty
- Emily Ekins
- Nick Gillespie
Editor in Chief, Reason.com and Reason TV
- Anthony Randazzo
Director of Economic Research
- Peter Suderman
- Jesse Walker
- Matt Welch
Editor in Chief, Reason
RSS Feeds: Politics, Parties, Political History, Political Philosophy
Media ContactChris Mitchell
Director of Communications
Your tax-deductible gift can help us promote individual liberty, choice, and free minds and free markets.