Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Recent Research and Commentary
Long before Mark Sanford’s very public affair and divorce, Reason featured the former South Carolina governor in our Annual Privatization Report for his work cutting the size of, and improving the efficiency of, government in South Carolina.
Former Gov. Sanford continued his road back on Tuesday night winning South Carolina's special congressional GOP primary. If he wins a Republican runoff election against the primary’s second place finisher (a recount is needed to determine Sanford’s opponent), he will face Elizabeth Colbert Busch, comedian Stephen Colbert’s sister.
Weighing the records of Obama-Biden and Romney-RyanAugust 17, 2012
A standard line in the punditry circuit this week has suggested that Mitt Romney's selection of Paul Ryan as his running mate will bring a welcome measure of substance to the race. If so, then cheers all around. Hopefully, one critical element of the economy and society that has gotten little substantive attention to date will get its due: housing finance and property markets. In principle, a Romney-Ryan Administration should represent a significant break from what President Obama has done in his first term on housing policy. But what do the records show?
Following weeks of delays, Harry Reid and the Senate send the STOCK Act to Barak Obama to be signed into law.
The STOCK Act has been passed in both the Senate and House. What may seem like Congress addressing a serious issue, is little more than political spectacle.
After a “60 Minutes” report brought to the attention of the American public that Congress was capitalizing on non-public information, lawmakers quickly collaborated with one another and proposed two bills banning insider trading by members of Congress and their staff. This bill reeks of desperation.
View Resources by Type
- Ron Paul and the GOP Convention
July 24th, 2012
- FreedomWorks' Matt Kibbe on the Hostile Takeover of The GOP
July 22nd, 2012
- Matt Welch Discusses Libertarianism on the Rise at Freedom Fest with RT
July 18th, 2012
- How Washington Learned to Love Video Games
July 18th, 2012
- Matt Welch Discusses How "Un-American" Are Swiss Bank Accounts on Fox Business
July 10th, 2012
- Emily Ekins Says Obama is Losing the Youth Vote on CNBC's Closing Bell
July 2nd, 2012
- Walter Cronkite wasn't the Most Trusted Man in America? Q&A with author Joseph Campbell
June 26th, 2012
- Matt Welch Discusses How Rising Unemployment Will Effect Obama and Romney's Campaign on Jansing & Co.
June 1st, 2012
- Ed Krayewski Discusses Romney, Obama, and America's Military Expansion on RTAmerica
May 31st, 2012
- The Swing Vote: Why Independents Will Decide the 2012 Election
May 19th, 2012
- Matt Welch Discusses Attacks Ads, Super PACs, and Alienated Independents with Jansing & Co.
May 18th, 2012
- Why We're Entering the Age of Ron Paul
May 16th, 2012
- Brian Doherty Talks Ron Paul's Delegate Strategy on PBS Newshour
May 16th, 2012
- Sex Politics and the GOP as We Know It: An Interview with Nancy Cohen
May 14th, 2012
- Brian Doherty on Why Young People Love Ron Paul
May 9th, 2012
- Brian Doherty on Ron Paul's Revolution
May 3rd, 2012
- What We Saw at Occupy Wall Street's May Day Protest in NYC (feat. Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello)
May 2nd, 2012
- Kennedy, Nick Gillespie and Matt Welch Talk 2012 Presidential Race
April 27th, 2012
- Matt Welch Talks Romney's Private Plan and Obama's Massive Fundraising Campaign on MSNBC's Jansing & Co.
April 17th, 2012
- Why Democrat vs. Republican is the Wrong Way to Look at the 2012 Election: Nick Gillespie and Matt Welch at Reason Weekend
April 12th, 2012
- Matt Welch Discusses 2012 Election, Judicial Activism & "Social Darwinism" on Melissa Harris-Perry
April 10th, 2012
- Don't You Dare Try to Feed the Homeless in Bloomy's NYC (Nanny of the Month, March 2012!)
March 30th, 2012
- Remy: Health Care Mandates vs Pizza Toppings
March 29th, 2012
- Independent Run by Ron Paul Would Pull 17 percent of Presidential Vote: New Reason-Rupe Poll
March 28th, 2012
- Brian Doherty Discusses Ron Paul's Next Move after Super Tuesday on RT
March 9th, 2012
- Small-Government Former Gov. Mark Sanford and Stephen Colbert’s Sister Win South Carolina Primaries (3/20)
- Does the Paul Ryan Choice Ensure a Real Housing Debate? (8/17)
- STOCK Act Ready for Obama’s Signature (3/23)
- Which is the "Do Nothing" Party? (2/17)
- Landslide! STOCK Act More Popular than Hepatitis (2/10)
Experts: Politics, Parties, Political History, Political Philosophy
- Brian Doherty
- Emily Ekins
- Nick Gillespie
Editor in Chief, Reason.com and Reason TV
- Anthony Randazzo
Director of Economic Research
- Peter Suderman
- Jesse Walker
- Matt Welch
Editor in Chief, Reason
RSS Feeds: Politics, Parties, Political History, Political Philosophy
Media ContactChris Mitchell
Director of Communications
Your tax-deductible gift can help us promote individual liberty, choice, and free minds and free markets.