Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Recent Research and Commentary
California failing to learn from pastOctober 25, 2005
California has never experienced true energy deregulation. The "deregulation" implemented in 1996 left price controls in place and created "artificial" markets ripe for manipulation and mismatches between supply and demand. By setting price caps below market prices, California limited the profitability of the industry.
View Resources by Type
- How Free Markets Will Beat Climate Change: Q&A with UCLA's Matthew Kahn
July 5th, 2012
- Remy: Missing You - The Incandescent Light Bulb Song
December 1st, 2011
- The Truth About Fracking
June 27th, 2011
- Tilting at Wind Turbines: Should the Government Subsidize Renewable Energy?
March 10th, 2011
- Nick Gillespie on Fox Business' Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano
June 24th, 2010
- Reason.tv's Nanny of the Month for November 2009
November 30th, 2009
- Light Bulbs vs. The Nanny State
October 5th, 2009
August 13th, 2008
- Ronald Bailey
- Shikha Dalmia
- Adrian Moore
Vice President, Policy
- Julian Morris
Vice President, Research
Media ContactChris Mitchell
Director of Communications
Your tax-deductible gift can help us promote individual liberty, choice, and free minds and free markets.