Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Recent Research and Commentary
The rollout of Reason Foundation's Annual Privatization Report 2013 continues today with the release of the Criminal Justice and Corrections section, which which provides an overview of the latest on privatization and public-private partnerships in criminal justice and corrections.
Annual Privatization Report 2013 examines criminal justice and corrections trendsMay 6, 2013
This section of Reason Foundation's Annual Privatization Report 2013 provides an overview of the latest on privatization and public-private partnerships in criminal justice and corrections. Topics include:
A. 2012 Corrections Privatization Overview
B. State and International Corrections Privatization Update
C. State and Local Correctional Healthcare Privatization Update
D. ANALYSIS: Recent Developments in the Federal Civil-Rights Liability of Federal Private Prisons
E. FOCUS: The Emergence of Social Impact Bonds: Paying for Success in Social Service Innovation
F. FOCUS: Colorado, Washington State Vote to Tax and Regulate Recreational Marijuana for Adults
Subsection of Annual Privatization Report 2013: Criminal Justice and CorrectionsMay 6, 2013
This subsection of Reason Foundation's Annual Privatization Report 2013: Criminal Justice and Corrections reviews the recent passage of ballot measures legalizing the recreational use of marijuana in both Colorado and Washington State.
Reason Foundation's first feature-length documentary uncovers the extraordinary costs of the U.S. government’s 40-year war on drugs. Here’s the trailer for America’s Longest War:
I recently appeared on the Tax Policy Podcast hosted by Richard Morrison, Manager of Communications at the Tax Foundation, to discuss taxing and regulating recreational marijuana in Colorado (Amendment 64) and Washington State (Initiative 502).
View Resources by Type
- What We Saw at the Drug Enforcement Administration Museum
July 25th, 2012
- Bath Salts, Naked Zombie Cannibals & Stupid Senators
June 7th, 2012
- Hemp History Week: Ending the War on George Washington's Favorite Crop
June 4th, 2012
- DC Capitol Hemp Shutting Down: Obama's War on Drugs to Blame
May 21st, 2012
- Moms Say, "No More Drug War!"
May 13th, 2012
- The Real Breaking Bad
May 3rd, 2012
- What We Saw at Occupy Wall Street's May Day Protest in NYC (feat. Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello)
May 2nd, 2012
- Destroying Latin America: Journalist Mary O'Grady on Populism, Protectionism, and Prohibition
April 28th, 2012
- Mike Riggs Discusses Who Profits from the Drug War on RT
April 26th, 2012
- What We Saw at the Occupy the Justice Dept. Rally in DC!
April 24th, 2012
- LYNCHING CHARLIE LYNCH Director Rick Ray Discusses His New Film
April 20th, 2012
- Harris Kenny Discusses Privately Run Prisons, Drug Policy, & Immigration on Al Jazeera's The Stream
April 6th, 2012
- Matt Welch Talks DEA Raids on CA Pot Clubs, Obama, & Rolling Stones on Varney & Co.
April 6th, 2012
- What We Saw at the San Francisco Marijuana Rally
April 5th, 2012
- Look out Kate Upton, AZ pol pushing anti-Photoshopping bill! (Nanny of the Month, Feb 2012)
March 1st, 2012
- Transplant Denied
February 29th, 2012
- Who's Afraid of Balls on the Beach, Gay Marriage, & Drug Legalization?
February 24th, 2012
- Kennedy on Whitney Houston, Adele, &... Michelle Obama?
February 17th, 2012
- Heather Donahue on Growing Marijuana, Life After 'Blair Witch,' and the Beauty of 'Grey' Markets
January 31st, 2012
- MTV's Kurt Loder and Kennedy Talk A Libertarian Year in Review
January 6th, 2012
- Weed Wars: Medical Marijuana Hits Reality TV
December 13th, 2011
- Ending the Global Drug War: Voices from the Front Lines
December 13th, 2011
- California vs. The Feds: Obama's DOJ Cracks Down on Medical Marijuana
November 29th, 2011
- Pot Prevails: Rob Kampia Discusses Marijuana's Recent Political Triumphs
November 11th, 2011
- Guatemalan Drug Gangs and Me
October 24th, 2011
- 40th Anniversary of the Rockefeller Drug Laws: Time to Re-think Sentencing Policy (5/8)
- New at Reason: Privatization Developments in Criminal Justice and Corrections (5/6)
- Developments in Criminal Justice and Corrections (5/6)
- Colorado, Washington State Vote to Tax and Regulate Recreational Marijuana for Adults (5/6)
- Reason’s First Feature-Length Documentary: “America’s Longest War” (3/25)
- Brian Doherty
- Nick Gillespie
Editor in Chief, Reason.com and Reason TV
- Jacob Sullum
Media ContactChris Mitchell
Director of Communications
Your tax-deductible gift can help us promote individual liberty, choice, and free minds and free markets.