Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Recent Research and Commentary
What is really behind Dianne Feinstein's newfound criticism of government snooping activities?November 13, 2013
Another National Security Agency spying scandal recently erupted when some of the documents obtained by whistleblower Edward Snowden revealed that the U.S. was even spying on the heads of state of American allies, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel's cell phone.
Long before Mark Sanfordís very public affair and divorce, Reason featured the former South Carolina governor in our Annual Privatization Report for his work cutting the size of, and improving the efficiency of, government in South Carolina.
Former Gov. Sanford continued his road back on Tuesday night winning South Carolina's special congressional GOP primary. If he wins a Republican runoff election against the primaryís second place finisher (a recount is needed to determine Sanfordís opponent), he will face Elizabeth Colbert Busch, comedian Stephen Colbertís sister.
Weighing the records of Obama-Biden and Romney-RyanAugust 17, 2012
A standard line in the punditry circuit this week has suggested that Mitt Romney's selection of Paul Ryan as his running mate will bring a welcome measure of substance to the race. If so, then cheers all around. Hopefully, one critical element of the economy and society that has gotten little substantive attention to date will get its due: housing finance and property markets. In principle, a Romney-Ryan Administration should represent a significant break from what President Obama has done in his first term on housing policy. But what do the records show?
Following weeks of delays, Harry Reid and the Senate send the STOCK Act to Barak Obama to be signed into law.
The STOCK Act has been passed in both the Senate and House. What may seem like Congress addressing a serious issue, is little more than political spectacle.
View Resources by Type
- At CPAC Conservatives Criticize Obama's Foreign Policy, Question Drug Policy
March 6th, 2014
- Q/A with Virginia Postrel and C-SPAN's Brian Lamb: Glamour and Politics
March 3rd, 2014
- Video: What's Wrong with American Politics? "Of By For" Director Christopher Kay
February 27th, 2014
- Rand Paul and The End of The Republican Party (And the Dems Too)
February 20th, 2014
- Don't Read This if You Think Elizabeth Warren is the Future of American Politics
February 19th, 2014
- Nick Gillespie and Matt Welch on Cato's Libertarianism.org Podcast: "Rise of the Independents"
February 17th, 2014
- Rand Paul: "Republicans Will Not Win Again" Without Total "Transformation"
February 17th, 2014
- Voting is a Lousy Way To Express Yourself
February 9th, 2014
- European Commissioner: Extent of Corruption Across the EU is 'Breathtaking'
February 3rd, 2014
- Poor Foreigners Shouldn't Be Political Reformers at Home, They Should Come Here Instead
January 31st, 2014
- Euroskeptic UKIP the UK's Favorite Party
January 30th, 2014
- Remy: 5 Things You Didn't Know About Citizens United
January 22nd, 2014
- Ending the War on Pot Would Help Complete Martin Luther King's Call for Civil Rights
January 20th, 2014
- It's a Jersey Thing: Why Chris Christie - or Any Pol From the Garden State - Can't Go National
January 15th, 2014
- Constitutional Referendum Polls Close in Egypt
January 15th, 2014
- Egyptians Vote in Referendum on a New Constitution
January 14th, 2014
- British House of Lords Votes Against Banning Annoying Behavior
January 8th, 2014
- Klingons No Longer Represented on Indian Trails, North Carolina City Council
January 3rd, 2014
- British Free Marketeers Should Welcome Romanian and Bulgarian Immigrants
January 2nd, 2014
- Anthony Weiner Hints at Return to Politics
December 27th, 2013
- Egypt's Interim Government Declares Muslim Brotherhood a Terrorist Organization
December 26th, 2013
- Somebody's Got a Bad Case of the Second-Term Bushitis
December 17th, 2013
- The Good News: Congress Has Enacted Record-Low 52 Laws This Year. The Bad News? Congress Has Enacted 52 Laws This Year.
December 1st, 2013
- Silvio Berlusconi Expelled From Italian Parliament
November 27th, 2013
- Screw Sunday Yak Shows: Watch Wired Co-Founder Louis Rossetto Talk About Digital Revolution!
November 24th, 2013
Experts: Politics, Parties, Political History, Political Philosophy
- Brian Doherty
- Emily Ekins
- Nick Gillespie
Editor in Chief, Reason.com and Reason TV
- Anthony Randazzo
Director of Economic Research
- Peter Suderman
- Jesse Walker
- Matt Welch
Editor in Chief, Reason
RSS Feeds: Politics, Parties, Political History, Political Philosophy
Media ContactChris Mitchell
Director of Communications
Your tax-deductible gift can help us promote individual liberty, choice, and free minds and free markets.