Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Recent Research and Commentary
The rollout of Reason Foundation's Annual Privatization Report 2013 continues today with the release of the Local Government Privatization section, which which provides an overview of the latest on privatization and public-private partnerships in local government.
Subsection of Annual Privatization Report 2013: Local Government PrivatizationMay 6, 2013
This subsection of Reason Foundation's Annual Privatization Report 2013: Local Government Privatization reviews water and wastewater privatization and public-private partnerships.
Privatization trends in local, state and federal government, plus roads, highways, aviation, education, telecom and moreApril 1, 2013
Now in its 26th year of publication, Reason Foundation's Annual Privatization Report is the world's longest running and most comprehensive report on privatization news, developments and trends.
Annual Privatization Report 2013 (APR 2013) details the latest on privatization and government reform initiatives at all levels of government. The individual sections, which will be released in the weeks ahead, include:
- Air Transportation
- Surface Transportation
- Federal Government Privatization
- State Government Privatization
- Local Government Privatization
- Criminal Justice and Corrections
New $7 billion infrastructure trust developing alongside initiatives in recycling, water and elsewhereMay 15, 2012
Since taking office, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is doing what sensible leaders do: focusing resources on the core functions of government that must be provided and partnering with the private sector and using competition to lower costs on the rest.
Privatization trends in local, state and federal government, plus roads, highways, aviation, education and telecomMay 1, 2012
Now in its 25th year of publication, Reason Foundation's Annual Privatization Report is the world's longest running and most comprehensive report on privatization news, developments and trends.
Annual Privatization Report 2011 (APR 2011) details the latest on privatization and government reform initiatives at all levels of government. The individual sections of APR 2011 include:
- Federal Privatization
- State Privatization
- Local Privatization
- Air Transportation
- Surface Transportation
- Corrections and Public Safety
Water and Wastewater Chapter of Annual Privatization Report 2010March 10, 2011
View Resources by Type
- New at Reason: Looking Back at the Last Year in Local Government Privatization
May 6, 2013, 4:25pm
- Denver Public Water Utility Draws Criticism
January 24, 2011, 3:42pm
- Might California's Massive Water Bond Fall Off the November Ballot?
June 30, 2010, 2:41pm
- New Deloitte Reports on Infrastructure Partnerships
February 18, 2010, 6:32pm
- 23 Firms Eyeing Indianapolis Superutility
October 6, 2009, 3:12pm
- Novato, CA Sanitary Board Privatizes Wastewater Treatment Plant
September 30, 2009, 5:50pm
- Arizona Communities Preparing to Tap Private Sector for Major Water Project
August 13, 2009, 5:31pm
- Efficient, Effective And Run Privately
August 7, 2009, 10:55am
- Milwaukee Puts Water Privatization Study on Hold
June 1, 2009, 6:35pm
- Water PPPs Offer Financial, Environmental Compliance Solutions
September 23, 2008, 3:45pm
- The Benefits of Privately Financed Water Infrastructure
September 13, 2008, 7:11am
- Tax Hikes vs. Privatization For Water Infrastructure
September 2, 2008, 10:24am
- Reviewing Blue Covenant
April 2, 2008, 2:39pm
- In Order to Solve the Problem, We Need More of the Problem
August 27, 2007, 6:16am
- Bottled Water: The New Cigarette
August 14, 2007, 6:12am
- If you care about the environment, youíll stop drinking water
July 16, 2007, 1:36pm
- Bottled Water, Choice and Privatization
July 2, 2007, 7:09am
- What would Jesus drink?
August 17, 2006, 5:27pm
- Public Water Systems Buys Private Water!
January 2, 2006, 10:00am
- Monterey Rejects Anti-Privatization Forces
November 8, 2005, 4:54am
- How privatization gets water to the poor
August 17, 2005, 9:27am
- Glass half full on plan to deal with water needs
July 14, 2005, 4:19pm
- Poor disproportionately affected? Good!
April 4, 2005, 9:41am
- World Water Day
March 21, 2005, 2:30pm
- N.O. Drops Water Privatization Plans
April 19, 2004, 2:11pm
- Locals See Benefits of Privatization
November 29, 2003, 10:38am
Experts: Water and Wastewater
- Ronald Bailey
- Shikha Dalmia
- Adrian Moore
Vice President, Policy
RSS Feeds: Water and Wastewater
Media ContactChris Mitchell
Director of Communications
Your tax-deductible gift can help us promote individual liberty, choice, and free minds and free markets.