Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
Recent Research and Commentary
California failing to learn from pastOctober 25, 2005
California has never experienced true energy deregulation. The "deregulation" implemented in 1996 left price controls in place and created "artificial" markets ripe for manipulation and mismatches between supply and demand. By setting price caps below market prices, California limited the profitability of the industry.
View Resources by Type
- Like Obama said, Privatize the TVA!
April 29, 2013, 2:03pm
- The Facts Behind EPA's Greenhouse Gas Regulations
April 3, 2012, 5:35pm
- Americans Remain Supportive of Natural Gas
March 23, 2012, 12:21pm
- Evergreen Solar Follows Solyndra's Lead
March 14, 2012, 1:28pm
- EPA's Fuzzy Math
February 17, 2012, 12:42pm
- Deregulation of Nuclear Power Saves Money and Reduces Pollution
August 3, 2011, 2:23pm
- Remember Electricity Deregulation? In Texas, it is Still Working.
January 28, 2010, 1:07pm
- The Real Climate Change Deniers
June 25, 2009, 11:39pm
- First They Came For The Light Bulbs
March 23, 2009, 3:51pm
- Ronald Bailey
- Shikha Dalmia
- Adrian Moore
Vice President, Policy
- Julian Morris
Vice President, Research
Media ContactChris Mitchell
Director of Communications
Your tax-deductible gift can help us promote individual liberty, choice, and free minds and free markets.