Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
"The Reason Foundation in Los Angeles is the nation's foremost expert in free-market transportation alternatives such as toll roads and express highway lanes for commuter buses."
The Wall Street Journal
"For 17 years, Mr. Poole has been the chief theorist for private solutions to gridlock. His ideas are now embraced by officials from Sacramento to Washington."
The New York Times
"Truck-only toll lanes are the brainchild of Robert Poole, an engineer who oversees transportation studies at the Reason Foundation, a libertarian think tank in Los Angeles."
- A life-changing event
August 23, 2004, 10:08am
- Driving with strangers
August 18, 2004, 10:06am
- Do Seatbelt Laws Save Lives?
Regulators should target dangerous drivers
August 17, 2004
- California SUV ban?
August 5, 2004, 11:11am
- If at first you donít succeed Ö
August 4, 2004, 1:28pm
- Perks for hybrids
August 1, 2004, 3:32pm
- Surface Transportation Innovations #18
Topics include: Longer Combination Vehicles (LCVs), electronic toll tag technology, adaptive cruise control to help reduce traffic congestion, and other breaking news stories.
August 1, 2004
- Maybe it was a sinister plot after all
July 27, 2004, 9:55am
- Let the car drive itself
July 26, 2004, 10:20am
- Monorail recall
July 22, 2004, 10:28am
- Nothing stops the train
July 21, 2004, 10:26am
- More Highways, Less Pollution
New report ignores positive trends
July 20, 2004
- Fighting SUVs overseas
July 15, 2004, 10:00am
- The Strange Thing About Light Rail
No matter how much it fails, politicians want more
July 14, 2004
- Peer pressureótransit style
July 13, 2004, 9:59am
- Pro-Market Compromise on Highway Reauthorization
Tolling expansion needed
July 13, 2004
July 12, 2004, 10:53am
- "I know this will generate howls of protest, but at present a family of four going by car is about as environmentally friendly as you can get."
July 11, 2004, 3:31pm
- Whatís your time worth?
July 8, 2004, 1:04pm
- Quote-un-quote Private
July 8, 2004, 10:17am
- Bombs or Pot?
July 7, 2004, 2:56pm
- If itís so bad, why is it so popular?
July 6, 2004, 10:30am
- Oui, Oui SUV
Paris eyes anti-SUV resolution
July 1, 2004
- Surface Transportation Innovations #17
Topics include: the reauthorization's tolling provisions, academic support for tolled express lanes, Reason's latest transit study, and other breaking news stories.
July 1, 2004
- Airport Policy and Security Newsletter #10
Topics include: access control and perimeter security, explosive detection screening, screening opt-out guidelines, concerns about TSA screeners, and other news.
July 1, 2004
- "This is not a sinister plot to make traffic as miserable as possible and move everybody onto the train.î
June 30, 2004, 9:02am
- Talk to me in 40 years
June 29, 2004, 10:35am
- How Will 21st Century Roads be Financed?
Battle over toll roads stalls transportation bill
June 27, 2004
- Airports Can Go Private Soon
June 24, 2004, 9:08am
- FAA Needs Controllers
June 23, 2004, 6:57am
- Makiní history
June 21, 2004, 5:24pm
- If You Hate Congestion, Then You Gotta Love HOT Lanes
Love affair with carpool lanes is over
June 16, 2004
- Falling away from rail
June 15, 2004, 10:08am
- Paris may ban SUVs
June 8, 2004, 1:20pm
- Hating cars
June 2, 2004, 9:42am
- Air Traffic Control Reform Newsletter #20
Topics include: ATC safety regulation, Nav Canada's rate increase, increasing airspace capacity, and controller-pilot data link communications.
June 1, 2004
- Past Performance vs. Future Hopes
Will Urban Rail Improve Mobility in North Carolina?
June 1, 2004
- "Professional demeanor, attire and attitude gain respect"
May 31, 2004, 2:01pm
- Unbuckling Seat Belt Laws
Why waste cops' time with seat belts?
May 27, 2004
- "If you won't buckle up to save your life then maybe you'll buckle up to save $65î
May 25, 2004, 12:10pm
- Will the pols let you stay home?
May 24, 2004, 5:43pm
- Emissions down, smog up?
May 23, 2004, 1:10pm
- Itís here
May 23, 2004, 1:06pm
- Memphis Should Learn From Houston's Rail Mistakes
Accidents plague system
May 21, 2004
- End of the Line for River Line Rail
Estimates that Line is worst in country
May 21, 2004
- Private Transportation and Competition
Testimony to US House Subcommittee on Energy Policy, Natural Resources and Regulatory Affairs
May 18, 2004
- Learning from London?
May 18, 2004, 9:52am
- Addressing the "Big Dig Syndrome"
Transportation projects have credibility problem
May 14, 2004
- Train stops
May 13, 2004, 1:26pm
- Private astronaut enters space
May 13, 2004, 1:22pm
- Surface Transportation News #125 (3/7)
- California 2014 High Speed Rail Business Plan Is Off Track (3/6)
- Airport Policy and Security News #98 (3/4)
- Atlanta Regional Commission Funding Should Focus on Traffic (3/4)
- Government Could Improve the Development of Vehicle to Vehicle Communication by Getting Out of the Way (2/27)
- Baruch Feigenbaum
Transportation Policy Analyst
- Leonard Gilroy
Director of Government Reform
- David T. Hartgen
Senior Fellow, Reason Foundation
- Zongzhi Li
- Adrian Moore
Vice President, Policy
- Robert Poole
Searle Freedom Trust Transportation Fellow and Director of Transportation Policy
- Samuel Staley
- Shirley Ybarra
Senior Transportation Policy Analyst
RSS Feeds: Transportation
Media ContactChris Mitchell
Director of Communications
Your tax-deductible gift can help us promote individual liberty, choice, and free minds and free markets.