Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
- Immigration Policy: An Argument for Opening America's Borders
The empirical and economic benefits of open borders
December 7, 2012
- Alabama's War on Immigrants
The state's harsh immigration law will only worsen its economic woes.
November 15, 2011
- Why Are Illegal Immigrants Declining
September 26, 2011, 8:23pm
- Michele Bachmann's Unholy Crusade
The GOP presidential hopeful bashes unauthorized workers.
August 30, 2011
- A Laughing Matter
Immigration policy is a joke on both the left and right.
A. Barton Hinkle
August 26, 2011
- Obama's Anti-Immigrant Stance
Under the guise of immigration enforcement, the White House pushes a pro-union agenda.
July 12, 2011
- The Return of E-Verify
State governments embrace a dangerous employment verification database.
June 23, 2011
- Muddled Masses
The immigration detention system treats suspected illegal aliens like criminals, but with fewer rights.
Jesse James DeConto
June 13, 2011
- Is Obama Serious About Immigration Reform?
His speech this week suggests that he's not.
May 11, 2011
- A Pragmatic Champion of Liberty
Gary Johnson's cross-political appeal will help both the country and the liberty movement.
May 3, 2011
- Protecting Immigrants From Government Exploitation
Trading birthright citizenship for an expanded guest worker program is a bad deal for both immigrants and Americans.
April 5, 2011
- The Bogus Case Against Birthright Citizenship
Anti-immigration hysteria has blinded conservatives to their own principles
March 15, 2011
- A Birthright, and a Mess of Pottage
The misguided effort to remove birthright citizenship
January 17, 2011
- Immigrant Bashing By Immigrants
The GOP's ethnic candidates won by embracing a restrictionist agenda in the midterm elections.
November 9, 2010
- ObamaCare's First Major Casualties
Why the new health care law is bad for gays and aliens
October 4, 2010
- Giving Birth to Immigration Fears
Why birthright citizenship is nothing to worry about
August 16, 2010
- Born in the U.S.A.
The misguided movement to strip birthright citizenship from the Constitution
Damon W. Root
August 11, 2010
- The Spanish Prisoner
The unequal burdens of Arizona's immigration law
August 4, 2010
- The Immigration Question
Why we should let more people in
July 22, 2010
- Obama’s Immigration Distraction
Even immigrants are shunning America’s sputtering economy
July 13, 2010
- Citizenship Should Remain a Birthright
The latest bad idea about immigration from Arizona
June 28, 2010
- The Global Grapevine
Sociologist Gary Alan Fine explains what rumors tell us about America's relationship to globalization
June 4, 2010
- Legalize Immigration
It's time to focus on letting legal immigrants in.
May 31, 2010
- The Bogus Constitutional Arguments of Arizona's Ultra-Restrictionists
States can't write their own immigration laws
May 11, 2010
- Arizona's Un-American Immigration Law
How the state's harsh new law undermines American exceptionalism
May 5, 2010
- Arrest Everybody
Arizona encourages police to emulate "the toughest sheriff in America."
May 5, 2010
- Immigration Isn't the Problem
The real issue is border security
May 3, 2010
- Mysteries of an Immigration Law
Is Arizona's new law a menace?
April 29, 2010
- How Immigration Crackdowns Backfire
The trouble with Arizona's draconian new law
April 22, 2010
- Don't Let Obama Touch Immigration Reform
The leading proposal will curtail liberties without making life better for immigrants.
April 13, 2010
- Smoke a Joint, Lose Your Country
Rigid deportation rules make a mockery of justice.
April 7, 2010
- Don't Let President Obama Get Near Immigration Reform
April 7, 2010, 12:30pm
- ObamaCare's Other Nemesis: Undocumented Workers
March 11, 2010, 8:53pm
- The Paulpocalypse
A longtime Ron Paul watcher wonders if his CPAC victory is the dawn of a new age, or the beginning of the end
February 24, 2010
- Immigration and Crime
There's nothing to fear from illegal immigrants
February 22, 2010
- Illegal Immigrants and Crime
February 18, 2010, 6:58pm
- The Lou Dobbs Option
The Senate health care bill's anti-undocumented-immigrant provisions ought to be deal-breakers for civil libertarians
Shikha Dalmia and Harris Kenny
January 15, 2010
- Strangers in a Strange Land
Forget man's inhumanity to man. District 9 is a deft satire of man's inhumanity to alien
August 14, 2009
- America's Real Immigration Problem
August 4, 2009, 10:10pm
- Nativist International
Bribing immigrants to leave
August 3, 2009
- Do Immigrants Make Cities Safer? The El Paso Miracle
How can a comparatively poor, high-immigration town that sits across the border from super-violent Ciudad Juarez be one of the safest big cities in America?
July 14, 2009
- I.T. Go Home
Skilled immigrant exodus
May 29, 2009
- Solving the Immigration Problem—Once and For All
The true story of the Save the Endangered Americans Act of 2018
May 14, 2009
- Immigrants to America: Keep Your H1-Bs
April 10, 2009, 12:08pm
- Goodbye Chang, So Long Singh
America's real immigration problem will soon be returning emigres
March 23, 2009
- Immigrants Have Never Been Less Interested in America
Much-needed, highly-skilled immigrants are returning to their home countries
March 23, 2009
- Border Wars Take On a Musical Tone
March 18, 2009, 11:46am
- Global economic growth penalizes US
March 8, 2009, 11:12pm
- Shot by the Sheriff
Artists protest a border crackdown
February 27, 2009
- Checkpoint Diego
Don't go near the border
January 27, 2009