Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
- Weathering Global Warming in Agriculture
Population growth, world food supplies and minimizing climate change's impact on crops
Douglas Southgate and Julian Morris
November 3, 2011
- U.S. Geological Survey Finds No Link Between Greenhouse Gases and Floods
October 26, 2011, 10:56am
- The EPA Is Overreaching Again
New boiler regulations could cost economy more than $10 billion
Julian Morris and Adam Peshek
October 25, 2011
- House Votes to Delay "Boiler MACT"
October 14, 2011, 11:16am
- Two Examples of EPA Overreach
October 11, 2011, 1:52pm
- Boulder, Colorado Weighing Banning or Taxing Disposable Bags
October 10, 2011, 11:00pm
- IG Finds EPA Greenhouse Gas Review Lacked Transparency
September 28, 2011, 3:45pm
- Some Health Benefits of Ground-Level Ozone
September 23, 2011, 1:26pm
- Deaths From Hurricanes, Floods, Droughts, and Other Weather Events Are Down 98 Percent Since 1920s
September 22, 2011, 12:30pm
- The Decline in Deaths from Extreme Weather, 1900–2010
Aggregate mortality attributed to all extreme weather events globally has declined by 98% since the 1920s
Indur M. Goklany and Julian Morris
September 22, 2011
- Extreme Weather Events Are Killing Fewer People Than Ever Before
The worldwide death rate from weather happenings has dropped over 98 percent since the 1920s
September 22, 2011
- More CA High-Speed Rail Arrogance
September 16, 2011, 5:43pm
- Al Gore's 24 Hours of Climate Change "Reality"
September 15, 2011, 11:00am
- "The Auto-Hater Gives His Opinion — And Acts"
September 11, 2011, 11:08pm
- Early Success for Pay-As-You-Drive (PAYD) Vehicle Insurance in California
September 10, 2011, 1:09pm
- Obama Scraps Ozone Regulation
September 2, 2011, 12:12pm
- The Conservative Reversal on Science
Magical thinking is no substitute for verifiable facts.
September 1, 2011
- Five EPA rules that will cost [much] more than $1 billion
August 31, 2011, 3:36pm
- California Ordering Takeout Containers “To Go”?
August 31, 2011, 12:36pm
- Los Angeles Times Supports State Parks PPPs
August 21, 2011, 11:59pm
- Ozone Standards Not Scientific Either
August 19, 2011, 12:05pm
- EPA jumps the gun with job-killing rules
Agency’s new blow to air-quality standard comes two years early
August 19, 2011
- The Myth of Pristine Nature
A review of Rambunctious Garden: Saving Nature in a Post-Wild World
August 16, 2011
- Los Angeles City Council Pursuing Zoo Privatization
August 15, 2011, 11:00pm
- Deregulation of Nuclear Power Saves Money and Reduces Pollution
August 3, 2011, 2:23pm
- Governments Combat Flood and Environment Problems They Created
August 2, 2011, 2:37pm
- Natural Gas Flip-Flop
Big environmental groups were for fracking before they were against it.
July 22, 2011
- An Environmentalist Joins the Reality-Based Community
A review of Mark Lynas' The God Species
July 19, 2011
- CA Supreme Court Upholds Plastic Bag Ban
Sean McElwee and Anthony Randazzo
July 18, 2011, 4:30pm
- Climate Change and Confirmation Bias
A new study suggests that your values, not science, determine your views about climate change.
July 12, 2011
- Lukewarmers, Denialists, and Other Climate Change Skeptics
Impressions and reporting from the Sixth International Climate Change Conference
July 5, 2011
- State Parks Fall Prey to MN Government Shutdown
July 1, 2011, 7:29pm
- Al Gore's Ugly Rhetoric
The latest pseudoscience from the former vice president
June 29, 2011
- Among the Biotech Conventioneers
A dispatch on the value of failed drugs, new vaccines against superbugs, and the prospect of a molecular stethoscope.
June 28, 2011
- Congress Moves to Ban Frankenfish
Special interests trump science in the debate over transgenic salmon.
June 21, 2011
- Reducing Automobile Use More Fancy Than Fact
June 21, 2011, 11:15am
- Republicans vs. the Environment
Does the GOP have any solutions for environmental problems?
June 16, 2011
- I, Pineapple
Reason's science correspondent files a second dispatch from his sustainability tour in Costa Rica.
June 15, 2011
- "If It's Plastic, It's Organic"
Reason's science correspondent goes on a junket to Costa Rica in search of sustainability.
June 14, 2011
- Closing CA Parks Proving Costly
May 23, 2011, 4:43pm
- Don't Close State Parks; Lease Them
Partnering with the private sector to save California's state parks
May 20, 2011
- Plentiful Fuel
The facts about fracking
May 19, 2011
- [Op-Ed] Don’t Close State Parks; Lease Them
May 16, 2011, 2:20pm
- Environmentalists Were For Fracking Before They Were Against It
Shale gas is still the bridge fuel to a low-carbon energy future.
May 10, 2011
- The Politics of Protection
The battles over the Endangered Species Act are all too human.
May 10, 2011
- A Grandstanding Attorney General
Why Ken Cuccinelli should drop his misguided case against climatologist Michael Mann
A. Barton Hinkle
May 4, 2011
- Fear Itself
A one-in-a-million risk may not be imaginary, but it's pretty damned close to it.
April 12, 2011
- State of the State: Washington in 2011
April 7, 2011, 12:00am
- Radiation Non-Alert
Japan’s broken nuclear reactors will have no detectable effect on the health of Americans.
March 29, 2011
- 2010 Highlights in State Government Privatization
Reviewing privatization highlights in lotteries, child welfare, social infrastructure and more
March 23, 2011
- Bad News for the Prairie Chicken as Environmental Groups Oppose Conservation Plan (4/11)
- Robbing Cap and Trade to Pay for High-Speed Rail in California (4/10)
- With Pension Costs Soaring, Should New Jersey Commit Billions to More Open Space Preservation? (4/9)
- Comment Period Re-Opened on Proposal to List Rufa Red Knot as Threatened (4/4)
- The Prairie Chicken Ruling Doesn't Make Sense (4/4)
- Ronald Bailey
- Shikha Dalmia
- Adrian Moore
Vice President, Policy
- Brian Seasholes
Director, Endangered Species Project
Media ContactChris Mitchell
Director of Communications
Your tax-deductible gift can help us promote individual liberty, choice, and free minds and free markets.