Get weekly updates from Reason.
Today's Top Topics
- California Librarians Warn, Beware of the “Privatization Beast!”
August 22, 2011, 11:00pm
- Douglas County School Choice Recap and Update
August 18, 2011, 5:00pm
- The Bankrupt Agenda of the Save Our Schools Movement
True progressives would embrace school choice, not teachers' unions.
August 16, 2011
- Most Market-Oriented Education City in America Still Rocking Kids World
August 12, 2011, 3:03pm
- Teacherapocalypse NOT: In California Less Education Spending Equals Higher Test Scores
August 8, 2011, 9:24pm
- Moody’s Sounds the Alarm on Student Borrowing
August 5, 2011
- The Price Tag for Schools for the Deaf
August 1, 2011, 12:37pm
- The Writing Is on the Wall
Should we mourn the death of cursive handwriting?
July 28, 2011
- Cheating Teachers Play the Blame Game
Atlanta's dishonest teachers say the data made them do it.
July 13, 2011
- The College Scam
Higher education isn't worth the cost.
July 7, 2011
- The Pre-K Graduating Class of 2011
A theater review
A. Barton Hinkle
June 21, 2011
- New Orleans: Most Market-Driven School District in Nation Increases Test Scores Again
May 26, 2011, 3:31pm
- The Teacher Layoff Lie in California
May 26, 2011, 2:31pm
- The Condition of Education 2011--WE SPEND A LOT
May 26, 2011, 1:16pm
- California Provides the Case in Point Against National Curriculum
May 16, 2011, 2:17pm
- Univ. of Iowa Pursuing PPP for Student Housing
April 23, 2011, 3:05pm
- Joel Klein
"We have a 19th-century classroom model in the 21st century."
April 22, 2011
- Paul Pastorek
"What Katrina did was it allowed us to think differently."
April 21, 2011
- Jeb Bush on Disrupting the Educational Status Quo
"Monopolies don't want to have direct competition."
April 20, 2011
- Jay Greene
"I'm very agnostic about what form choice must take."
April 19, 2011
- Education Showdown
The irresistible force of school reform meets the immovable object of teachers unions.
April 18, 2011
- Not So Stagnant
Are the good times really over for good?
April 15, 2011
- State of the State: Texas in 2011
April 5, 2011, 10:33pm
- State of the State: New Jersey in 2011
April 1, 2011, 4:16pm
- Is the Great Stagnation Real?
In many ways yes, but there is still room for hope and even celebration.
March 22, 2011
- State of the State: Nevada in 2011
March 17, 2011, 4:41pm
- Bill Gates on State Budgets, Entitlement Spending and Education Cuts
March 7, 2011, 11:00pm
- Long Live the American Dream
Why India and China have nothing on America
March 1, 2011
- Losing the Brains Race
America is spending more money on education while producing worse outcomes.
Veronique de Rugy
February 22, 2011
- Privatization and Public-Private Partnership Trends in State Government
State Government Privatization Chapter of Annual Privatization Report 2010
Leonard Gilroy, Harris Kenny, Shirley Ybarra and Tyler Millhouse
February 18, 2011
- School Choice, Charter Schools, and Trends In Educational Privatization
Education Chapter of Annual Privatization Report 2010
Lisa Snell and Leonard Gilroy
February 15, 2011
- Education and the State of the Union
In which Obama rests on his laurels and tells parents and 20-somethings to get their acts together
January 27, 2011
- Beware Bipartisan School Reform
If everybody on the Hill is happy, Americans probably shouldn't be.
January 7, 2011
- Michigan School Districts Attempt to Ban Privatization
December 21, 2010, 12:51pm
- Curbing Excellence
The trouble with American education
December 20, 2010
- Political Correctness on Campus
We need more debate about controversial subjects like affirmative action, not less.
November 11, 2010
- Big Education and Big Labor Election Spending Round- Up
October 29, 2010, 3:33pm
- Waiting for Superman Becomes Waiting for Godot
Telling tales about the demise of education reform in D.C.
October 13, 2010
- Michelle Rhee's Legacy: Changing the Court of Public Opinion
October 13, 2010, 11:25am
- Three Reasons Obama's Education Vision Fails
October 7, 2010, 1:35pm
- How to Slash the State
14 ways to dismantle a monstrous government, one program at a time
October 5, 2010
- NBC "Education Nation" Perpetuates Preschool Access Myth
September 27, 2010, 4:08pm
- California's Education Database Project Failing
September 24, 2010, 11:06am
- Money Is Not What Schools Need
Competition is the answer.
September 16, 2010
- Student-Based Budgeting One Possible Upside to $578 Million Los Angeles High School
September 13, 2010, 10:45am
- The Confrontation
Drew Carey and Nick Gillespie clash with the Cleveland City Council over Reason Saves Cleveland.
September 8, 2010
- Knowing is Half the Battle. But It's the Easy Half.
Liberating teacher performance data is a great way to start out the school year. But it's not enough.
September 1, 2010
- The Failure of NOT Recognizing Successful Teachers at Los Angeles Unified
August 29, 2010, 4:18pm
- Keeping Race to the Top Education $Billions in Perspective
August 24, 2010, 1:47pm
- Charter schools versus Los Angeles Unified: School Building Costs Edition
August 24, 2010, 12:18pm
- Colorado Teachers, Parents, and Students Deserve Teacher Hiring Practices Based on Mutual Consent (2/6)
- California Tries Backdoor Route to Universal Preschool (2/3)
- Innovators in Action 2014 (1/27)
- Common Core Is No Silver Bullet for California (12/26)
- Baltimore City School District Has Come a Long Way since 2007, but There's Still Work to Be Done (12/11)